Apollo Health Music Society from the University of Melbourne is seeking a Conductor to lead our Choir group in 2016.
The choir is a mixed voice SATB choir performing with piano accompaniment. Since the society’s inception in 2002, the choir has been one of its primary musical groups, and the choir has had experience performing a diverse repertoire of music, including classical, jazz, contemporary, and modern pop. The choir is open for all to join and consists of members with varying levels of musical experience.
In 2015, rehearsals occurred weekly on Monday nights during the university’s academic semesters.
Essential roles and responsibilities include
– Conducting weekly rehearsals and preparing the choir for various performances, including
* a concert at the end of each semester
* performances at nursing homes during our biannual rehearsal camps
* Christmas Carols performances at Melbourne hospitals
* other opportunities for performances as they arise
– Selection of repertoire for the choir
– Liaising with the choir ensemble representative to address the collective concerns of the choir
Please send a brief cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for the volunteer position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 30th November 2015. Any enquiries may also be directed to the email address.